NAB has announced a Disaster Relief Fund of up to $3 million to help people affected by floods across NSW, with $2,000 grants available immediately to impacted customers and colleagues.
The grants will give NAB customers and employees who have suffered damage to their homes, ready access to funds and also provide immediate relief to business and agriculture customers who have suffered damage or losses because of the floods.
As part of the disaster relief fund, NAB will donate $100,000 to the NSW SES to support its response efforts, and $100,000 to support GIVIT’s Severe Storms and Flooding efforts.
NAB Executive Personal Banking, Rachel Slade, said the scale of the floods was devastating and had left many Australians with an uncertain future.
“To all the families, communities and businesses who have suffered damage to their homes and tragically lost pets, livestock and livelihoods, we are here to help you through this,” Ms Slade said.
“We have support available, including $2000 grants, to help those affected with immediate assistance.
“We know that being there for our impacted customers and colleagues right now is important, but we also know we have a role to play in the long-term recovery.”
Support now available for NAB customers directly impacted by the current floods includes:
- Immediate access to $2,000 grants to help cover costs such as temporary accommodation, food and clothing (eligibility details available here).
- $2,000 business grants to help restart or reopen and cover the cost of damaged property, equipment, fencing – and for loss of stock or livestock. NAB business and agribusiness customer wishing to access the grants should call NAB’s dedicated team on 1300 769 650.
- Support to restructure existing business banking facilities.
- Fee waiver on terminal rental for a period of up to three months for merchants with working terminals that are no longer able to trade.
- Support and counselling for customers through NAB’s Employee Assistance Program.
This support is in addition to the previously announced disaster relief package providing a range of financial relief measures.
NAB customers who have suffered damage to their home and need assistance can call NAB Assist on 1300 308 132.
All enquiries will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, with the NAB Assist team to determine eligibility.
NAB also has a longstanding policy to provide employees who are emergency service volunteers as much paid crisis leave as they require during emergencies, including the current floods across NSW.
Donations and public fundraising
GIVIT is a matching site that directly links the specific needs of charities and community groups affected by the floods with donations, and is the official donation partner of the NSW Government for the floods.
Australians who wish to donate to GIVIT’s appeal can do so at any NAB branch across Australia or by logging into NAB Internet Banking (select: Transfer & Pay » Donations » Charity » GIVIT). NAB will further match up to $100,000 of donations for GIVIT.